Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday

At the Turkish Festival in the Nethermeade this afternoon, two women with mouths full of golden teeth swooped over to Anna and took her for a whirl around the muddy grass as the band played. At least that's how I imagine it, I wasn't there. All morning it rained but by late afternoon the skies cleared. When I met Anna and her Daddy we shared a spicy lamb sandwich and saw the world champion arm wrestler. If you lasted 5 seconds arm wrestling with him you got a free tee shirt. Not many people were getting tee shirts. One tiny woman with a thick accent told me that she got a tee shirt just for trying. We walked around and the band played and the singer warbled and the men at the booth selling sofas looked bored and damp. We headed for the playground. Another good Sunday in Brooklyn.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Really! Makes me want golden teeth and stronger arms.

    ReplyDelete